Welcome to Halton-Peel & District Cystic Fibrosis Canada’s Facebook page. We’re happy to see you!
This page provides a place for those affected by Cystic Fibrosis to connect with each other, stay informed on progress, and discuss the (concerns, issues, topics related to the) disease. We understand that many of you care deeply about cystic fibrosis, as do all staff at Cystic Fibrosis Canada. We welcome all questions and commentary, including constructive feedback. We do expect that participants’ posts are relevant and respectful to the rest of the community. We don’t take decisions on moderating posts lightly, however for the sake of our community; we reserve the right to remove any posts that don’t adhere to our guidelines and to address repeated offenses as necessary.
The following guidelines are designed to help provide a quality environment for our community.
Specifically, we do not tolerate comments that are:
• Abusive, harassing, stalking, threatening or attacking others
• Defamatory, offensive, obscene, vulgar or depicting violence
• Hateful in language targeting race/ethnicity, religion, gender, sexuality, nationality or political beliefs
• Fraudulent, deceptive, misleading or unlawful
• Trolling or deliberate disruption of discussion
• Violations of any intellectual property rights
• Spamming in nature
• Commercial solicitation or solicitation of donations
• Link baiting (embedding a link in your post to draw traffic to your own site)
• Profane language or content
• Personal attacks on individuals or specific groups
• Sexual content or links to sexual content
• Confidential content without all parties’ consent
• Comments that restrict or inhibit any other user from using or participating on our Facebook page
Ultimately, Cystic Fibrosis Canada wants to promote a friendly, informative and enjoyable online experience for our community members.
If you feel as though a post should be monitored, or have questions about moderating decisions, please send us a direct message and we will follow up with you as soon as possible.
Please keep in mind that this page is run by volunteers, it is monitored as much as possible and we appreciate your enthusiasm and your patience. If you have a concern or question that requires input or resources from Cystic Fibrosis Canada staff, please visit our national page @CysticFibrosisCanada.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada - Peel & District Chapter is a volunteer chapter of Cystic Fibrosis Canada.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada is a Canada-wide health charity established in 1960, with volunteers in more than 50 chapters across Canada. The organization funds research to find a cure for cystic fibrosis (CF), and helps people and families affected by CF cope with their daily fight. Cystic Fibrosis Canada is one of the world’s largest non-governmental granting agencies in the field of cystic fibrosis research.
Join the Peel & District Chapter in our quest for a cure by volunteering, hosting or attending an event, sharing your story, or making a donation.
Cystic Fibrosis Canada's mission is to help people with cystic fibrosis (CF) principally by funding cystic fibrosis research and care.