Giving Dreams Foundation’s goals align with the Ontario Ministry of Community and Social Services Acts: Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and The Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Person with Developmental Disabilities Act, 2008, by focusing on community participation within social, leisure, and recreational activities. In addition, Giving Dreams person-directed planning model supports youth and adults with a developmental and/or physical disability to identify their preferred social, leisure, and recreational life dreams and goals.
Thus, Giving Dreams’ goals will help youth and adults with disabilities to:
be more independent in their social, leisure, and recreational lives
have more choice in their social, leisure, and recreational lives
be included in Ontario communities and beyond
Giving Dreams Foundation provides opportunities for social inclusion to exceptional youth and adults.
The Giving Dreams Foundation shares Ontario's goal for people with disabilities by empowering youth and adults with developmental and/or physical disabilities to
participate fully as valued citizens in Ontario communities. We are able to achieve this with like-minded partners by:
1. Providing opportunities for personal growth
2. Providing opportunities for the development of valued relationships and friendships
3. Providing opportunities for participation in integrated, structured and supported
social, leisure, and recreational activities and events that are based on
4. Providing person-directed planning that directly lead to opportunities for social, leisure,
and recreational activities
5. Providing opportunities to exercise control over each endividual's social, leisure, and
6. Enabling social inclusion through meaningful participation in each person's immediate and
7. Encouraging community inclusion through integrated, structured and supported social, leisure, and
recreational activities and events
8. Encouraging self-determination within an integrated social setting
9. Providing opportunities for youth and adults with disabilities to pursue life enrichment according to their individual
values and aspirations
The social activities planned through Giving Dreams are devoted to, and are characterized by, friendly companionship or relations, such as those experienced in a social club. Leisure plans refer to the time free from the demands of work or duty, when one
Giving Dreams Foundation’s mission is to provide opportunities to youth and adults with developmental and/or physical disabilities in which they are able to formulate their social, leisure, and recreational plans within an integrated context.